Add to Cart
Down in the Meadow – Book & Pattern Tote ~ Finished size 13″ x 14″ when closed.
Large inside pockets suit books up to 9 ½” x 13″.
– A sturdy and easy to carry tote for your needlework books, patterns, tools and projects. A curious rabbit explores his embroidered meadow filled with “double-sided fabric” clover and bluebells. Generous, layered pockets secured with “soft & flexible” velcro, line the inside of the tote. The back of the tote also features a closeable pocket for your notions and tools. “Soft & Flexible” Velcro is distributed by Birch and is available through your local patchwork store.
– The “Down in the Meadow – Book and Pattern Tote” pattern includes iron on transfers for all embroidered panels, a full sized pattern sheet and an abundance of photographic and illustrated instruction.
– The front panel is embellished with bluebells and clover leaves cut from easily made “double-sided fabric”. They are attached to the feature panel with central embroidery, leaving the edges free to sit up a little from the background. This adds a subtle dimensional quality to the design. The clover design also features inside the tote, with embroidered strips edging the smaller pockets.
– “Stash and take” your needlework books, patterns, templates, small rulers and even a small cutting mat to sewing group or classes in one easy to carry tote. The inside pockets are also large enough to store your current projects, whether they be pieced or appliqued blocks or embroidered panels.
– This tote design can also be made using a feature fabric in place of the embroidered panels… making a lovely , personalised gift for a friend.